How do I obtain a 1099 Form and tax documents?

Modified on Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 04:58 PM

The IRS dictates that a company must report payments made in the course of a trade or business to a person who's not an employee or to an unincorporated business, if payments are above $600 per year.


Contently utilizes PayPal as a payment processor for all freelancer payments on the Contently Platform. As such, the requirement to report such payments falls on the payment processor (in this case, PayPal).


Please visit your PayPal account to view or download your income information. If you have trouble obtaining your records, please contact PayPal support directly. Unfortunately, Contently is unable to assist you on matters regarding your PayPal account or 1099 issues with PayPal.


You can read more about PayPal's tax processes here.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article