On average, Contently pays its contributors the highest rates in the industry, and we expect the highest quality work in return. That said, our software gives clients the flexibility to pay different rates based on the scope of any given project. We work with clients to educate them on appropriate pay for quality work, and use the below table as a framework for that conversation.
The ranges take into account subject matter expertise, number of sources and original research, and of course, word count. For reference, B2B finance or enterprise tech SMEs fetch payment on the higher end of the spectrum, while lifestyle and B2C topics fall on the lower end.
• Short Article: 500–700 words, starting at $300
• Article: 701–1,000 words, starting at $425
• Reported Article: 701–1,000 words, starting at $595
• Long Report Article: 1,000–1,500 words, starting at $1,250
• White Paper or E-Book: Custom length, starting at $0.85 / word
Please refer here for a detailed explanation of the different written formats.